Pain in the right back on the lower back can accompany diseases of various organs and systems in the body. It is necessary to determine the exact cause of the unpleasant symptom, this can only be done by a specialist through a comprehensive diagnosis. The characteristic of treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Pain in different parts of the back is a common symptom. It can indicate various injuries or illnesses. Only a specialist can find out the exact cause of the pain using different diagnostic methods. Appropriate treatment is given after diagnosis.
Possible Causes of Back Pain in Right Upper Back
Pain accompanying many injuries and illnesses. Its localization to the right on the lumbar is characteristic of the pathology of the musculoskeletal system and the internal organs in the projection of the respective segment.
This disease is characterized by degenerative-dystrophic changes. Right back pain on lower back may be caused by damage to the lower back of the chest or the upper vertebra of the lumbar spine. On the one hand, painful sensations often develop when nerve roots are pinched or pinched.
In the case of osteonecrosis, constant and painful pain, increased with exertion, sudden movement, sneezing, coughing.
The following symptoms may be associated with a medical condition:
- numbness, aching limbs;
- muscle spasms;
- reduces the range of motion;
- nerve root damage accompanied by shot pain, decreased sensitivity, decreased reflexes, hypotension.
Spillage, disc herniation
Such conditions often develop against the background of osteonecrosis and imply the disc bulges in one direction. In this case, a painful sensation arises not only in the affected area, but also arises along the inner nerve.
The following symptoms are also observed:
- numbness of the lower extremities, tingling, burning;
- loss of tendon sensitivity and reflex;
- muscle weakness, decreased muscle tone;
- malfunction of internal organs in the projection of the affected area;
- may lose physical activity.
This pathology implies an inflammatory process in skeletal muscle. Right side pain on the lower back can be caused by a corresponding area injury. Pain is soreness, aggravated by movement of the muscles, feeling them.
Other signs that are characteristic of pathology:
- muscle weakness;
- mild congestion on the skin;
- slight swelling in the affected area;
- may have general symptoms: mild fever or fever, headache.
This disease is a form of bone tuberculosis. One or more vertebrae may be affected. On one side, the pain is usually localized when fragments of the vertebra press on nerve roots. Pain can spread to the legs, abdomen, and torso.
Pathology is also characterized by the following manifestations:
- back tension;
- restricts movement;
- as the disease progresses, curvature appears in the affected area;
- if severely damaged, the stem may shorten.
This means that the spine is curled to one side. Pain with scoliosis may occur against the background of nerve root damage, tissue atrophy.
The following signs are also characteristic of the pathology:
- blades are positioned asymmetry;
- one shoulder is higher than the other;
- if you lean forward, the curvature is noticeable to the naked eye.
This includes appendicitis located in the abdominal cavity. The pain in this case is acute and localized in the abdomen. Over time, it can become painful and throbbing, worse by coughing, laughing, and breathing deeply. The pain can spread back, above the lower back, down to the right leg. This is usually seen when the appendix is behind the cecum, wrapped around the kidneys and ureter.
In addition to pain, the following signs of appendicitis are distinguished:
- high temperature;
- may cause stool retention or diarrhea;
This pathology refers to nonspecific inflammation of the kidneys (tubular system of the affected organ). Pain in the right side on the lower back occurs when the right kidney is affected. It can be painful and dull, of varying intensity and may appear paroxysmal.
Pathology is often accompanied by general symptoms:
- increases the temperature by up to 40 degrees;
- general weakness;
- reduces appetite;
- nausea, vomiting less frequently.
The disease causes inflammation and affects the pancreas. The pain can be pushed back to the right, affecting the entire abdominal cavity. In this case, it has a beaming property, manifested by dagger cuts.
The following symptoms are characteristic of the acute form of pathology:
- severe nausea, vomiting;
- skin turns pale or yellow;
- low blood pressure and tachycardia.
This pathology affects the gallbladder and causes inflammation. When the disease attacks, pain occurs in the right lower back and in the right back, above the lower back.
The pain is so acute that the patient cannot lie down, has difficulty breathing. This usually occurs after eating certain foods. The patient may also experience nausea, vomiting bile.
A stomach ulcer is a local defect in the mucous membranes of an organ. Its main symptom is epigastric pain, but it can spread to the back of the right side.
It feels like a dagger. They can be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- lose weight;
- nausea with vomiting after eating.
This disease affects the lungs and causes inflammation, and its source is often contagious. If the right lung is affected, pain can develop from the back.
The following signs may be attached:
- a sharp increase in temperature;
- weakness, increased fatigue;
- at first dry, then wet with a coughing up cough;
- difficulty breathing.
A tumor that is benign or malignant. Pain often develops during tumor growth, when the tumor begins to compress neighboring tissues and nerve roots.
The pain was dull and stuffy. It can be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- lose weight;
- increased fatigue;
- is sleepy; Pale
- of the skin;
- temperature below threshold.
Which doctor should I see?
General complaints should be directed to the doctor. He will review the clinical picture, conduct a physical exam and send, if necessary, to a specialist specialist. It could be:
- nephrologist; surgeon
- ; Orthopedist
- nephrologist; gastroenterologist
- pulse researcher;
- pediatrician; Oncologist
may also need the help of other specialists: chiropractor, masseur, physiotherapist, physiotherapist.
Diagnostic features are case-specific. The required measures are to collect illness and life history, to have a physical exam.
The mandatory list of studies may include the following laboratory and instrumentation techniques:
- blood and urine tests: general culture, biochemistry, bacteria, blood test for tumor markers; scanning
- computed tomography; Magnetic resonance imaging
- ; contrast studies
- endoscopic examination;
- biopsy (usually aimed at examining substances inside an organ);
- electronics digest.
Treatment features are dependent on diagnosis. Some problems can be solved only by means of primary methods - surgical intervention. This applies to acute appendicitis and other conditions that cause severe complications or cannot be conservative treatment.
In most cases, a conservative approach is sufficient. A wide range of remedies is needed, which can include drug treatment, physiotherapy procedures, physical therapy exercises, massage, and diet.
In the case of exacerbations of various pathologies, bed rest regime should be observed. In the future, physical and emotional overload should be eliminated.
Many diseases, especially those affecting internal organs, need to be dieted. Its features depend on the diagnosis, but there are some general rules:
- Harmful products excluded. This applies to carbonated beverages, fried foods, fatty, spicy, salty, pickles, and fast food. Hot spices, cans, and semi-finished products should also be removed.
- Eat in proportion. The parts should be small. Need 5-6 meals per day, of which at least 2 hours must pass.
- For cooking, choose a cooking method, including steaming, stewing, baking, and simmering. If the diet is not banned, then you can fry some foods, but only with vegetable oils.
- Adhere to the drinking regimen. If there is no other prescription from your doctor then you need to drink 2-2. 5 liters of fluids a day. Mainly it should be pure water. Coffee, strong tea, kvass and other carbonated drinks should be avoided.
- Eliminate alcohol completely.
Adherence to the diet is necessary to alleviate the general condition, reduce the intensity of manifestations of the disease, the risk of its exacerbation. The duration of the therapeutic diet depends on the individual characteristics of each case. Sometimes such food should become a way of life.
The conservative treatment for most diseases is medicine.
There are several possible causes of back pain in the right upper back, so medications may require completely different ones:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs are used to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Glucocorticosteroid. Such drugs also reduce inflammation and pain, more effectively, but are used in a short term due to the high risk of side effects.
- Pain reliever used for pain relief. In the case of severe pain, a drug of an addictive origin or a blockade may be required, taken only in the hospital.
- Muscle relaxants and antispasmodic. These drugs are used for muscle strains, spastic pain.
- For diseases of an infectious, widespread or severe inflammatory origin, further secondary infection, antibiotic therapy is necessary. To choose an antibiotic, an analysis is performed to determine the causative agent and its sensitivity to the drug. In parallel, probiotics are prescribed to normalize the intestinal microflora, which is affected by antibiotic therapy.
- For peptic ulcer disease, anti-secreting drugs are necessary. These can be anticholinergics M, H2 blockers, gastrin receptor blockers, proton pump inhibitors. Also used is a prostaglandin, which is an anticoagulant.
- In the event of damage to the cartilage structure, they must use protective chondroprotectors.
- Vitamin and mineral therapy, immunostimulant.
Each case requires its own approach, which also applies to drug selection. Effective drugs in one case can be harmful in another. In this regard, only a doctor should prescribe drug treatment after the diagnosis has been clarified.
Physiotherapy is often included in the conservation of various ailments. With their help, you can reduce pain and inflammation, activate various internal processes in the body, protect the body's immunity.
For back pain, the following treatments can be prescribed:
- electricity or electrophoresis with the use of drugs;
- UHF therapy; cryotherapy
- diadynamic therapy; laser therapy
- mud therapy; Application of paraffin wax
The effectiveness of physiotherapeutic procedures is due to their use of the therapy. The number of sessions is determined by the attending physician on an individual basis and can be adjusted during treatment.
Physiotherapy is also actively used after surgery. Several procedures help speed recovery and reduce the risk of complications.
For pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, massage is usually indicated. Usually they prefer vacuum or point technology. The effect is achieved in a few sessions, and to be effective, repeated massage treatments are required.
Pulling the spine may also be required for treatment. It can be done manually or using hardware methods. Regardless of the technology chosen, traction is exercised in multiple sessions.
The treatment of many diseases including physical therapy exercises. In the early stage, it is better to do it under the supervision of a specialist, but in the future, certain exercises may be performed at home. Factors and permissible loads should be discussed with the attending physician.
If there is pain in the right back, above the waist, you should consult a doctor who will make the necessary diagnosis and determine the cause of the difficult symptoms. bear. Treatment is prescribed based on diagnosis - self-administered measures may be ineffective and unsafe.