Not sure how to treat osteonecrosis at home? Be sure to read this article. It contains a lot of helpful advice on all kinds of treatments - from taking medicine to using traditional methods.
During the treatment of osteoporosis at home, not only use traditional medicine but also medicine, exercise, self-massage, diet. The range of such events is quite large, so each person can choose their own program.
Can osteonecrosis be treated at home?
In case of bone necrosis, degenerative-dystrophic changes occur, leading to atrophy of the muscle system, and impaired transmission of nerve impulses. The inflammatory processes produce unbearable pain that is difficult to stop in the later stages of the disease. It is worth noting that bone necrosis develops in the cervical, thoracic and spinal regions, but the inflammation may be localized simultaneously in 2 or even 3 parts of the spine.
Each form of pathology has specific symptoms. For example, with cervical fibrosis, headaches, dizziness, noise effects in the ears and numbness of the upper extremities will occur. And combined bone necrosis has an adverse effect on the legs, hips, and pelvis. But the pain syndrome combines all forms of the disease.
In severe cases, treatment should mainly be carried out under stationary conditions, but at stages 1 and 2 of development, you can limit the home remedies yourself. . To do this, you need to see a specialist who will conduct an examination and prescribe the right treatment.
Only when the patient strictly adheres to the attending physician's prescriptions, home treatment can have positive motivations.
Requires complicated effects on the vertebrae, so the doctor prescribes the drug by mouth, topical and injection. For each patient, an individual program is selected based on examination results and body characteristics, course of the disease.
Oral product is available in the form of capsules, tablets and tablets. They have complex and internal effects on the body. Depending on the indications, the following groups of drugs are prescribed:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs relieve pain by reducing inflammation.
- Preparations dilate blood vessels and accelerate blood circulation (so that tissues and cells of the spine are saturated with oxygen and nutrients).
- A group of muscle relaxants that are needed to eliminate muscle spasm reflexes (relax them) and relieve pain.
- Analgesics and pain relievers.
- Chondroprotectors aim to improve the nutrition of the cartilage tissues in the disc, as well as protect them. Medicines based on glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate.
- If necessary, prescribe sedatives, antidepressants, sedatives.
- If swelling is severe, use any diuretic pill.
- The group of glucocorticosteroids (hormones) reduces inflammation in the tissues of the vertebrae, nerves and spine. The drug is used if nonsteroidal drugs do not help or are contraindicated.
- Vitamin complex is used to boost the immune system.
The duration of treatment with these drugs is at least 2 weeks.
External means of impact on structural elements of the spine in place. These are ointments, lubricating gels with analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects - anesthetics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, homeopathic and chondroprotective drugs.
External agents are applied to the inflamed area with a rubbing action 2-4 times a day. The duration of the course of treatment is the same as in the previous case.
Injection solutions are used in severe cases or when topical and oral medications do not have a positive effect. Injections are effective against exacerbations of bone necrosis and sudden severe spasms. Injections are done more often by intramuscular injection, but sometimes intravenously, intraocular injection or drip.
- Does not contain steroids.
- Muscle relaxants.
- Chondroprotective injection.
- To quickly remove the spasm, a spinal mass is placed.
It takes moderate exercise to grow your spine. They allow to accelerate blood circulation, eliminate congestion, improve mobility, neutralize salt deposits, relax muscles and widen disc fissures.
There are special complexes for each department.
Along with exercises, patients with osteonecrosis should adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do standard exercises every morning.
- Exercise should start with warm-ups.
- No screwing in acute pain.
- Turning is prohibited.
- Running fast and jumping too hard is not allowed.
- Useful for swimming and walking in fresh air.
- Slow motion and flexibility.
- Pay special attention to breathing techniques.
A simple compound exercise is recommended for everyone:
- Starting position - sit on a chair with your back straight. Fold your arms behind your head and lean forward slightly. Use your hands to press slowly up to your neck until your head is down (chin touches your chest). Hold this position for 10-20 seconds, tensing muscles. Return to starting position was smooth.
- Same body position. Place your left hand on your cheek with the palm of your hand and slowly press in the opposite direction. In this case, the right ear is as close to the shoulder as possible. Return to starting position and do the same exercise with your right arm. Number of hits is 20 times.
- Sitting on a chair, put your hands on the chair on either side of your body. Now tilt your head back and extend your shoulders and shoulders to the side. Repeat exercise up to 20 times.
- Sit upright on the floor. Lean forward as you inhale without bending your knee joint. When you touch your toes with your hands, hold firmly for 10 seconds, then exhale and return to starting position.
- Lie on your back. Bend your knees, stretch your arms along your body. Slowly raise your pelvis to simulate a bridge. At the top point, linger for 10 seconds. Return to starting position was smooth.
If you do a series of such exercises every day, you will quickly gain a positive momentum in the treatment of osteonecrosis.
Nutrition for osteonecrosis
Diet therapy is suitable for all diseases, but with osteonecrosis, usually accompanied by a deposition of salt, it is only necessary. You will have to divide your daily portion size into 5-6 meals, cook steamed, boiled or baked dishes with the minimum amount of vegetable oil. Regular calorie intake should be reduced.
Most banned foods:
- semi-finished products and fast food; salt
- ; canned food
- sweet and rich;
- carbonated and alcoholic beverages;
- hot seasoning;
- smoked sausage.
Very helpful products:
- fermented dairy products;
- boiled eggs;
- some butter;
- red meat;
- seafood and fish;
- hard cheese;
- beef liver;
- cabbage, potatoes, carrots;
- apricots, peaches, citrus.
A dietitian prescribes a specific diet based on a patient's body weight and test results.
Massage for bone necrosis has the following therapeutic effects:
- strengthens muscles;
- reduces spasm;
- enhances local blood microcirculation;
- brings a feeling of relief.
Massage should be done under the supervision of a qualified masseur, but it can also be done at home. To do this, you need to master a few rules:
- Start massaging with caresses - first gently, then with a little exertion.
- Next, knead the skin folds that need to be reversed from the bottom up.
- Rub your back.
- Switch to press. This should be done with pads of the fingers, while also performing circular movements.
- At the end of the massage, gently tap the affected area with your fingers and palms, then gently vibrate.
If the family member can't massage you, buy an electric massage machine. It is convenient to use them independently. Today on sale you can find a lot of different models with vibrational, thermal and magnetic effects. The attending physician is involved in the selection of the model.
The traditional medical formulas for bone destruction act as an auxiliary means, thereby reducing pain and inflammation, improving blood circulation and metabolism, and regenerating cells and tissuesget hurt. Many ingredients are aimed at strengthening the immune system, helping to speed up recovery.
Before using any topical product, remember to do a sensitivity test - apply a small amount of the mixture onto a thin part of the skin and watch for reactions. If there is no redness or irritation, you can safely use the recipe.
Compression and Application
The primary compression and application have a warming effect, whereby the motor activity of the disc is restored. The fact that such processes lead to reflection effects on active biological regions normalizes energy imbalances. Funds should be applied to the area with inflammatory processes. The course of treatment is usually 2-3 weeks per day, 2-4 times.
- Buy or harvest the prickly roots, grind and dry. Set aside 2 tablespoons. l. , pour "cool" boiling water (2 cups) and set to low heat. Hold for 5 minutes, then let it incubate. After stretching, dip a gauze pad in the solution, stick it to the spine, wrap it up with polyethylene and a warm cloth. Hold for 1-3 hours. Number of procedures a day at least 3 times.
- Take an aloe leaf, rinse it under running water. Cut off the thorns and carefully separate the pulp, giving a homogeneous mass. You should have 50 ml of concentrated juice. Now take 1 gram of propolis, put it in a water bath and melt it. Combine ingredients, mix well. Add to volume 2 glasses of high quality vodka, 50 grams of dry mustard. Stir again. Spread the cheesecloth on the table, apply the mixture above, and then apply immediately to the skin. You can only remove the compression pad after the cloth is completely dry. The procedure should be carried out once a day at night.
- Take a fresh apple and horseradish root. Peel the vegetables and grind on the thinnest mesh. You will get a paste from which you need to remove the juice. Apply the remaining mixture evenly over the affected area of your spine. Apply cheesecloth that has been soaked in the juice on top. Wrap with cotton cloth and towel.
- Another potato-studded item. Take one bulb, wash it and peel it. Grind the best squeeze where honey is added (not liquid). Make a flat cake and place it on the swelling. Hold for half an hour.
- Boiled potato cake. Boil the water, puree. Add 1 teaspoon. liquid honey, same amount of butter and flour. Create a dough to form a flat cake. Apply in the same way as in the previous recipe, but keep until the block is frozen. Be sure to wrap your back with cling film and wool.
- Combine aloe juice, honey and vodka in the ratio of 1: 2: 2. Mix well mixture and place in dark place for 7-10 days. After the infusion, soak a tissue in the liquid and place it on the inflamed area of the spine for 30 minutes. Do the treatment 2 times a day.
Infusion and decoction
A decoction and infusion are intended for oral administration. They work by penetrating into the body's tissues and cells. Some of them may be additionally used for compression.
- Take the roots of crushed toed-leaf plants and hemp leaves grown in a 2: 1 ratio (200 grams per 100). Pour into a glass box, fill with one liter of vodka. Place in a dark place and leave for 20 days, then filter and pour the alcohol into the bottle. Drink 1 tablespoon three times a day before meals. l. The maximum duration of treatment is one month.
- During the growing season of a sunflower, collect the roots, and dry in natural conditions (in the air). You should get 1 kg of dry ingredients, which is quite enough for one treatment. Put 3 liters of water on the stove. When it's boiling, add 250 grams of roots, boil for 5 minutes and let separate to cool under lid. 100-150 ml for each drink. Divide the proceeds by three days. Drink before meals.
- Boil 0. 5 liters of water, add 5 medium bay leaves, boil gently and pour into a thermos. Let it infuse for 10-12 hours, then take out the paper and drink it three times a day for 3 days. Then take a 7-day break and drink the tincture again.
- Take 3-4 pear branches, chopped and put in a thermos. Pour half a liter of boiling water and allow to incubate. Results are designed for 5 days. Before that, the branches can be boiled a little to get a more concentrated alcohol.
- Use spruce cones. It is necessary to collect hats mainly in the fall. You will need 30 units for the course of treatment. At night, pour a cup of boiling water over 1 pine. Let it incubate until morning. Drink half of the tincture right after you wake up and the rest before going to bed.
- Buy 1 cumin seeds, fill with vodka (1 bottle), keep in the dark for 10 days. Drink 1 tablespoon per day. l.
- Dried stinging nettle root or bought from a pharmacy. Cut into small pieces and set aside 2 tablespoons. l. , pour hot water (0. 5 liters) and boil for 5-8 minutes. After cooling, filter, add 1 tbsp. l. nettle juice. Divide the portion obtained into several servings and consume each day.
- You will need 3 kg of walnuts with their shells intact. Peel and grind them. Fill a bottle of vodka, leave for 14-15 days, filter through several layers of gauze. Drink 1 teaspoon per day on an empty stomach. drug for a month. Note that nuts are not last year.
- Many housewives collect grape leaves to make tea first, but few know that they have a great effect on degenerative-dystrophic changes in bone destruction. In the evening, incubate 4-6 leaves in a thermos with half a liter of boiling water. In the morning, strain and divide the alcohol during the day. Repeat this for 1-2 months.
In the process of rubbing the diseased area, 3 types of actions are performed simultaneously - nutrient absorption, warming and massage. Thanks to massage, you can quickly stop the spasm, reduce the level of inflammation and speed up the blood supply to the spine.
Rub skin three times a day. A prerequisite is to wrap the rubbed area with a wool cloth immediately after the procedure (this will last longer). Before using the ingredients, rub it on the dry back to warm it (you can take a hot shower). Wet your hands in the mixture and start to work slowly over the affected area. Increase pressure and pressure as the process progresses. The mill is stored in the refrigerator.
- Medical resin back rub, badger, lard nutria or kerosene.
- Blend the sage and sage plants well. Separated from collection 4 tbsp. l. , add them to 40 grams of kerosene (without flavoring). Pour 50 ml of olive oil here.
- Cut 12 bay leaves, combine with 1 tbsp. l. juniper and 12 tbsp. l. butter.
- Buy an elderberry, put it in a jar, cover 70-75%. Fill the remaining empty space with alcohol. Insist for a week. Use as a mortar.
Bath is mainly used in case of remission or during rehabilitation. These procedures help dilate blood vessels, relax the muscle system, and restore the joints of the spine. To do this, a bath with water is usually enough.
But the effect can be enhanced many times by adding a variety of decoctions to the water. The composition ratio of herbs and water is 250 grams obtained per 5 liters. Combine the ingredients, boil and cook for 15-25 minutes. Then they insisted for 10 minutes, filtered and added to the tub. Takes up to 20 minutes. After the procedure, be sure to dress warmly and wrap the sore towel for an hour and a half.
- Uses birch leaves. But they need to be heated slightly longer than medicinal herbs - about 30-40 minutes.
- Wash the chestnuts and puree as much as possible. Make beer.
- Uses chamomile leaves, psyllium, toes, pears, black ginseng, and lemongrass.
- Incubate the pine needles. You can use pine, spruce, thuja.
- Unusual Jerusalem artichoke recipe. The leaves and stems are used. Pour them into a container. Pour boiling water on top and incubate for half an hour. You don't need to boil the leaves and stems. Bath no more than 15 minutes.
The ointment works on the spine in the same way as it is applied. The components penetrate deeply into the tissues, have a positive effect. Ointment is applied with rubbing movements, stored in cold.
- Take an egg and vinegar in equal proportions of the liquid. Add 100 grams of butter and mix well until smooth. Apply at night.
- Combines medical turpentine, nutria fat, and aloe pulp in equal proportions. Heat to a homogeneous mass and add a little iodine (for 250 grams of mixture - 7-8 drops). Press at least 5 days in a cool place. After rubbing, remember to wrap the body for half an hour with a membrane (due to increased fat).
- Squeeze the lemon juice, add iodine (ratio 2: 1).
Other treatments and recommendations
What else to do:
- First of all, give up smoking and drinking alcohol and less alcohol, as bad habits contribute to pressure and contractions.
- You need to sleep on an orthopedic mattress and the same pillow.
- To boost the immune system, do this remedy: take one cup of walnuts, honey and chopped celery root each. Take out to infuse for 10 days in a dark but warm place. Drink 1 tablespoon on an empty stomach. l. With very weak immunity, there are remedies up to 3 times / day.
- Another great immune support. Blend 10 lemons with the peel and place in the meat blender. Add 10 small garlic heads, pour one liter of honey. After a week, do the same as the previous remedy. Alternatively, 200 grams of parsley can be added to the mixture.
- To restore the joints of the spine, it is necessary to consume seeds of different plants. For convenience, they are joined together and ground by a coffee grinder or a mill. Follow the scheme: 2 weeks of guest reception, one week of rest, etc. v. Dosage - 1 teaspoon. three times a day before eating. Drink with herbal decoction. Necessary seeds - poppy seeds, coriander seeds. Remember to add flaxseed, celery and parsley.
- Visit the physiotherapy room. For bone necrosis, the following procedures are indicated: magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, ultraviolet and ultrasound therapy, vibratory massage. Physiotherapy speeds up metabolism, blood circulation, reduces swelling and pain, and reduces inflammation.
- You can switch to an orthopedist who uses your own hands and a certain technique works on your spine. The result is elimination of pain, restoring correct configuration and improved portability. You only need to contact a highly qualified technician, because during the procedure there is a risk of damaging the elements of the spine, invading. You can not perform manual therapy in such cases:
- acute infection of the organism;
- is pregnant;
- recovery time after surgical intervention of any kind;
- presence of benign and malignant tumors;
- herniation sequences and myelopathy in the intervertebral disc;
- hypertension (high blood pressure); Inflammatory processes
- in the acute phase.
- Use the application. These devices are specially designed for the musculoskeletal system, therefore they are used to treat osteonecrosis.
- Wear braces, Shants necklaces and similar devices periodically so you can strain your back and do everyday tasks without pain and stress.
Bone tumors can be treated at home in many different ways, but are most effective under one condition - the therapy must involve a variety of methods, the patient must adhere to allBoth the recommendation of the specialist and the selection of folk methods should be carried out in conjunction with the physician.