Disease of the musculoskeletal system is a destructive degenerative process that occurs in the structure of the intervertebral disc. Because of the anatomical structure of the thorax, as determined by fixing the spine to the scaffold, there is little risk of developing pathology. Symptoms of osteonecrosis of the breast depend on the extent and stage of the disease.
Common causes and risk factors for osteonecrosis
To determine optimal treatment strategies, a comprehensive diagnosis must be made, including MRI and radiographs. Stimulating factors:
- Hereditary disease.
- Congenital anomalies of the structure of the spine - asymmetry of the joint space between the vertebrae, narrowing of the spinal canal.
- Age-related disorders of cartilage tissue structure. Symptoms of degenerative bone conditions: decreased height of the discs, decreased mobility of joints, weakness of the musculoskeletal system. The appearance of hernias, protrusions, and bulges as a result of the growth of bone tissue.
- Injury to the back from a fall from a height, bruising.
- Excessive physical activity or a sedentary lifestyle.
- Curvature of the spine, due to impaired posture, occurs scoliosis, scoliosis, scoliosis. Pathologies and symptoms are provoking factors for the development of osteonecrosis of the thoracic spine.
- Due to working at the computer for a long time, physical inactivity occurs.
- Viral infections, autoimmune disorders.
- Local disturbance of blood supply in the thorax. Symptoms of the condition: changes in tissue nutrition.
- Viral infections, autoimmune diseases.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Depression, stressful situations.
To prevent disease, should lead an active lifestyle, go swimming, exercise to improve health.
Signs of illness
The clinical symptoms of osteonecrosis of the thoracic spine and their severity depend on several factors:
- Stages. With severe form, the disease state is manifested by severe pain, stiffness of movements, dizziness.
- The presence of concomitant pathologies of internal organs. Diseases of the cardiovascular system, mastoid disease, neuralgia may intensify the manifestations.
- Grow old.
- The condition worsens during pregnancy.
The main symptoms of osteonecrosis are:
- pinched nerve endings;
- cardiac syndrome is defined by the occurrence of pain in the heart area that cannot be controlled by heart medications;
- pulmonary syndrome characterized by shortness of breath, shortness of breath, sensation of a lump in the throat, damage to the diaphragm;
- back - pain sensation in the chest;
- Abdominal syndrome is internal. Symptoms: discomfort occurs on one side of the abdomen and may appear uncomfortable.
Thoracic osteonecrosis can be identified using a comprehensive diagnosis.
Based on these studies, the doctor prescribes drugs, a course of injections to relieve pain and eliminate muscle spasms, physiotherapy, therapeutic exercise, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
The main symptoms of the development of osteonecrosis are determined by the appearance of cracks in the annular fibers and a violation of the medullary nucleus.
- localized pain in the chest area of the subject or a constant feeling of fullness in the focal point of the lesion - back pain;
- short-term convulsions;
- the symptoms are similar to those of hypertension, which explains the incorrect prescribing of drugs from the group of cardioprotective drugs;
- stiffness of movements;
- with exertion, the pain intensifies and spreads to the occipital or forearm region;
- Difficulty breathing when breathing in and out, feeling like there is a lump in the throat.
It is difficult to determine the development of localized osteonecrosis in the sternum in the early stages.
Pathological processes occur inconspicuously and quickly turn into an acute phase with severe symptoms.
In the absence of effective treatment, pathological effects of internal organs, exacerbations of the disease occur.
- Dorsago - an acute pain radiating to the neck, upper extremities, lower back, abdomen. Breathing is disturbed, there is no sleep, every movement of the person is paralyzed. The development of complications in the form of cholangitis and cholecystitis, herpetic reactions due to herpes zoster.
- The presence of affected nerve fibers in thoracic osteonecrosis causes wide areas of pain, unpleasant sensations during reflex actions - sneezing, coughing.
- Symptoms during an exacerbation: pain at a comfortable state of sleep, burning and tingling sensations all over the body.
- Irradiation to the heart area, shoulder blades, intercostal space, upper extremities.
- Muscle spasm.
To eliminate the signs, a course of injections is prescribed and drugs - analgesics, chondroprotectors, vasodilators.
Symptoms caused by displacement of the discs and deformation of the spine in chronic osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine:
- acute pain on exertion and sudden movements;
- back pain with increased osteonecrosis against the background of hernia and postural disturbances;
- aches and pains in static working conditions;
- congestion in the lungs aggravates the inflammatory process inside the cartilage tissue of the spine.
The chronic phase is a sluggish form of the disease with periodic exacerbations. To eliminate symptoms, it is necessary to determine the cause of the pathology using a comprehensive diagnosis.
How does it manifest?
The signs of thoracic osteonecrosis in women and men vary due to the anatomy of the body and hormone levels. Due to the curvature of the spine, the child's immature body can develop into a pathology.
Characteristic features of the symptoms of osteonecrosis, localized to the sternum, in men:
- Early manifestations of the disease are contrasted with those of the opposite sex. This process occurs because in women of childbearing age, the discs are protected by estrogens.
- The disease is disguised as cardiovascular pathologies - angina, myocardial infarction.
Men are more likely to have osteonecrosis due to excessive physical exertion, due to the structure of the body.
Among the women
- persistent pain localized in the region of the bony glands and sternum;
- abdominal pain masquerading as cyclical phenomena and gastrointestinal pathology;
- A combination of thoracic osteonecrosis with headache, this condition is confused with migraine.
The general symptoms of the disease are aggravated by cyclical bleeding and hormonal imbalances in women.
Signs and symptoms of osteonecrosis in children are manifested by pain syndrome, which is aggravated by active play.
- children's capriciousness;
- sleep disorders in infants under 5 years of age;
- slow growth and development.
Symptoms of osteonecrosis with localization of the thorax are often confused with other disorders. The disease is atypical of childhood. To establish an accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to make a comprehensive diagnosis, which includes consultation with different doctors - orthopedists, neurologists, endocrinologists, pediatricians.